The Company: Blount Boats is a shipyard located in Warren, Rhode Island. The shipyard specializes in the design and construction of steel and aluminum commercial vessels up to 220 feet. Blount Boats currently has multiple vessels under contract for the Offshore Wind Industry.
Position: Pipe Shop Foreman
Supervise and manage the manufacture, testing, installation, operation, maintenance, and modification of piping systems used in vessel construction. Help coordinate all construction labor and subcontractors for assigned projects.
Pipe Foreman may perform the following tasks:
Knowledge and Ability:
Position: Junior Draftsman
Status: Summer Internship
Blount Boats is seeking a summer intern to work under the Senior Draftsman in Engineering. This position could transition to a full-time position.
Pull wire/cable, cut electrical cable and connect/disconnect electrical systems.
1. Complies with shipyard safety and environmental measures.
2. Read and understands basic work specifications, blueprints and schematics.
3. Familiar with A.C. & D.C. systems.
4. Familiar with marine wire.
5. Connects and disconnects all of ship’s electrical systems.
6. Pulls cable and makes proper radiuses and crossovers.
7. Troubleshoots basic electrical circuits and equipment.
8. Able to run wiring harnesses.
9. Ability to tack both steel and aluminum and build foundations and various structures
10. Ability to install equipment in a marine environment
If you prefer to use the printable application, please download, print, fill out completely and mail to:
Blount Boats, Incorporated
461 Water Street
PO Box 368
Warren, Rhode Island 02885
Blount Boats is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As required by 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.