Blount Boats, Inc. of Warren, Rhode Island is a full service shipyard specializing the design, construction and repair of steel and aluminum vessels up to 200 feet.
Current Job Openings for Blount Boats:
Position: Electrical Engineer requiring marine electrical knowledge and proficiency with CAD. Possible entry level considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and outline electrical plans, drawings and designs, inclusive of parts and quantities for contracted jobs.
2. Provide other technical drawings where needed.
3. Provide technical assistance to, and act as a resource base for production crew.
4. Assists with USCG or other regulatory agency monitoring or compliance functions.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Detailed oriented.
- CAD and Microsoft Office program knowledge.
- Knowledge of applicable CFR USCG, IEEE, ABYC, and other Federal regulations.
- Electrical Theory: Calculating electrical loads, wire sizes, etc.
- Design of AC/DC panels. (Preferred)
Competitive wage/salary with medical/dental, 401K, paid holidays, vacation accrual through the years of service.
1. Minimum 3 years of experience in the pipefitting trade.
2. Able to work well with others and exhibit team workmanship.
3. Able to take field measurements and fabricate most piping in shop.
4. Able to tack weld mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum and copper nickel.
5. Ability to read prints, detailed shop drawings and diagrams.
6. Able to work independently or with little supervision.
7. Must have minimum to no rework.
8. Must know all standards of pipefitting applications.
9. Must be familiar with all safety procedures.
EXPERIENCED OUTSIDE MACHINIST
1. Minimum 3 years of experience in the machining trade.
2. Must have a working knowledge of most ship machinery, such as propelling machinery and steering gear, working from blueprints.
3. Able to install all ship machinery and follow manufacturer’s instructions for machine installation.
4. Must be able to work independently or with little supervision and rework.
5. Able to operate machinery, such as cargo winches and windlasses, to determine causes of malfunctioning.
6. Must have knowledge of all power tools, hand tools, calipers, micrometers and related tools utilized in the machining trade.
7. Able to set up and operate such machine shop tools as lathe, boring mill, planer, shaper, slotter, and milling machine to fabricate replacement parts.
8. Must be familiar with all safety procedures.
This position will receive materials; verifying accuracy of shipment to packing lists, inspecting for damage and inspecting certain parts for dimensional and finish requirements.
- Will deliver materials to stocking location and process paperwork to purchasing.
- Will also assist in quarterly counts of stockroom and maintain orderly stockroom and receiving dock.
- Must have work experience in receiving and stocking; previous experience in stockroom/receiving is a plus.
- Strong Excel and Microsoft Office skills
- Must have legible handwriting
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Required Education: High School or equivalent
Pipefitting 3rd Class (Pipefitter’s Helper)
- Basic skills for pipefitting:
- Able to cut and thread pipe.
- Must be able to tack weld with stick and use cutting torch.
- Ability to construct and install pipe hangers.
Machinist 3rd Class (Machinist Helper)
- Able to use most hand tools, calipers, and micrometers.
- Drill tap holes in foundations and specified places for anchoring machinery
- Assist in moving and leveling machinery, using portable jacks, as directed.
- Assists in bolting equipment to deck and attaches fuel, cooling, or lubricating lines as directed, using handtools.
- Able to burn, cut and shear plate
- Able to tack weld with stick and use cutting torch
- Ability to read a tape measure in feet, inches and divisions of an inch.
- Must know basic shipfitting and mechanical skills.
BLOUNT BOATS, INC. EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
Please fill out our online employment application below:
Or download and print our employment application in PDF format:
Please download, print, fill out completely and mail to:
Blount Boats, Incorporated
461 Water Street
PO Box 368
Warren, Rhode Island 02885