Current Job Openings for Blount Boats:
- General knowledge and use of all hand tools and power tools
- Measure and cut materials pieces to specifications
- Assist carpenter in construction, erection, installation, and repair of structures, fixtures and other items of wood, plywood, steel and aluminum.
- Tack weld with stick, use cutting torch and fit structural steel (optional)
- Read and understand Blue Prints and specifications
- Use most hand tools, calipers, and micrometers
- Drill tap holes in foundations and specified places for anchoring machinery
- Burn, cut and shear plate
- Tack weld with stick and use cutting torch
- Basic mechanical skills
- General knowledge and use of painting equipment
- Tends paint pot and paint equipment
- Prepares surfaces for painting, cleaning and masking
- Maintains painting equipment: hoses, pumps, pressure tanks, spray guns and tips
- Maintains sandblasting equipment (hoses, nozzles and gaskets) for both electric and air
This position will receive materials; verifying accuracy of shipment to packing lists, inspecting for damage and inspecting certain parts for dimensional and finish requirements.
- Will deliver materials to stocking location and process paperwork to purchasing.
- Will also assist in quarterly counts of stockroom and maintain orderly stockroom and receiving dock.
- Must have work experience in receiving and stocking; previous experience in stockroom/receiving is a plus.
- Strong Excel and Microsoft Office skills
- Must have legible handwriting
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Required Education: High School or equivalent
Note: This person needs to be a self-starter, with previous experience in the organizing of materials.
Wage range is $13 -15 to start, based on experience.
BLOUNT BOATS, INC. EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
Please download, print, fill out completely and mail to:
Blount Boats, Incorporated
461 Water Street
PO Box 368
Warren, Rhode Island 02885